Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Review: OPI Shatter Nail Lacquer


I just picked up OPI's Shatter Nail Lacquer in Black Shatter today. After rushing home to try it I settled on Ruby Kisses' Lime Green with Envy as a base color. The instructions tell you to let it dry completely before applying the shatter coat. After 10 minutes, I lightly brushed on the thick formula (one thinly brushed coat is enough). It almost instantly begins to shrink up and crack. Its kind of like watching a science experiment. After about 30 seconds or so it should look fully "shattered" and the base color will show through the cracks. Pretty cool, huh? OPI recommends following with a top coat to seal & add shine. It seems that is this is also best because the shattered effect definitely has a raised texture. All in all, its a pretty cool product when you're feeling a little sassy and want unusual looking nails. Depending on what you use underneath the possibilities are endless. I would suggest something bold & purposeful-looking as to avoid looking like you just have a really trashed manicure. Next time I think I might play with a colorful glitter polish showing through the cracks.

My finished nails. Sorry for the poor quality cell phone pic!

Here is a link to a good youtube tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment