Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Beauty Icon of the Week

This week's icon is Carmen Dell'Orefice. The 80 year old supermodel has been consistently working for 67 years! Muse to Salvador Dali at age 13, on the cover of Vogue magazine at age 15 in 1947, and more in-demand than ever today, she has been the picture of grace and beauty for any age.
Carmen (the mononymous name she is known by) stopped dyeing her hair in her mid-40s saying, "I'm not giving in to anyone else's idea of how I ought to feel and look." She embraced the natural stages of graying and now has her hair toned 4 times a year to lift the color to a pure white.
She says beauty starts with thought and attitude. She also lives a healthy lifestyle. "I exercise every day. I don't get up and have a cup of coffee anymore. I get up and move to get blood to my brain. Train like an athlete, get enough sleep, not too much booze, and never smoke." She also credits her sex life as a key element in maintaining her youth. "Sex is part of it. Life has to be a balance, and I've figured out the balance for myself. Sex always!"
When asked her favorite beauty product, her answer is the cult favorite Bag Balm, an ointment developed by a dairy farmer for softening cow teats and horse hooves. "If it's good enough for horses, it's good enough for me."
 Get Carmen's makeup look after the jump!


To get Carmen's signature makeup look of smokey eyes paired with a medium-toned lip:

No comments:

Post a Comment