Friday, August 26, 2011

What Look Is Currently In Vogue?

I opened my mailbox today to find the mammoth, almost 800 page September issue of Vogue smothering all the other puny pieces of mail that dared to share the small space with it. It literally hurts my wrists to hold it for too long. Did we really need any further proof that Anna Wintour is Satan's fashionable mistress?
I always scan the (mostly ads) pages of Vogue for the current makeup trends and within the first 15 pages there were no less than 3 examples of the trend du jour: simple silver eyes (No contouring shades. No heavy liner. Just a single shade of silver eyeshadow and black lashes.) paired with a bold red lip. It isn't a new look, but it is definitely a look that seems to be having a moment in the spotlight.

Upon digging for answers, I found that the trend seems to have stemmed from the makeup in Ralph Lauren's Fall runway collection (shown above). It was his theme at Fashion Week as well as in the editorial campaign. Though I generally think of this as a "winter holidays" look, I could be willing to throw my prejudices to the side and try it out for any old time. Just remember to keep everything simple. Your example of what not to do is below:


No comments:

Post a Comment