Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Beauty Steal of the Week

This weeks steal comes from NYX Cosmetics and is their Slim Lip Liner Pencils.
I recently read an article in this months issue of Allure magazine that most drugstore lip and eye pencils that have the label  "Made in Germany" are usually comparable to luxury brands due to the fact that there are only 2 factories that manufacture those products there. According to the experts its a safe bet that the pigments and waxes used are similar to those in high-end products. So I decided to keep my eye out.
I was in my local beauty supply stocking up and I noticed that the NYX lip pencils read "Made In Germany" on them. There was a wide range of 60 colors, which, along with the packaging, mimic that of MAC's liners. At $2.99 a pop, I decided to pick up a handful and try them out. I was excited to find that the colors were highly pigmented and the consistency was high quality. Not only that! They have a decent amount of wear time.
Now, I kinda have a hard time dissing MAC...but if I can save $10 and get virtually the same product, I'm gonna do it! I suggest you try them out for yourself. I doubt you'll be sorry.

2 comments:

  1. So, where did you find these in the Bay Area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased from J&J Beauty Supply on Grand Avenue in Oakland but I'm sure most beauty supplies would have some stock. I've also seen N.Y.X. at CVS.

    ReplyDelete